Preparatory programs were established or international students at the foundation stage before they start studying at the University in Russian medium. The program enables students coming from various world countries to be enrolled and start the course whatever the difference is between the education systems in Ukraine and native country of the applicant. Students join preparatory program, and soon after become accepted by the University they choose for studying. In order to be eligible it is necessary for student to pass general subjects as science, mathematics, English and other subjects. Duration of the Preparatory Course varies from 4-10 months.
Preparatory course itself gives the opportunity to develop the student’s skills in making notes, mastering the special terminology, understanding and writing lectures. The course contains a list of methods related to the specific requirements of the course the student intends to join. Professional development is intended to encourage student confidence and independent learning.
Teacher consultations are secured for extra time after normal studying hours, so that each student has good opportunity to get individual lesson with the tutor. Classes are given within the university campus.
While the preparatory course the students are to receive:
- The most necessary skills in reading, listening, writing and speaking in local language;
- Full access to all facilities including libraries, accommodation, and computerized lecture halls.
The teachers of the Preparatory course are competent, cultured, and open-minded people, qualified professionals. They have broad experience in teaching foreign students. Curriculum of Preparatory course curriculum is approved by the Ministry of Education and Science of Ukraine.
Benefits of Preparatory courses:
- The embassies of Ukraine are overcrowded from 15th August to 15th November and it is quite long and difficult process to get visa confirmed. In the same time process for Preparatory visa starts after 15th November, so the student can easily get visa in order to join the preparatory course.
- Academic year for the 1st year starts in September, and students who applying for the 1st year, generally arrive later and they miss around 2 months of classes. Moreover it’s rather difficult to clear all the classes and catch the others.
- Student may easier adopt while studying in preparatory course, so that he start the 1st year exactly from the 1st of September without missing any classes.
- In some countries students finish their school late and are not eligible to get admission to the 1st year. It’s a good way to come for Preparatory course, whereas visa is 100% assured.
- Tuition fee for Preparatory course are rather low and affordable.
- After completing Preparatory course students are guaranteed to be admitted to the 1st year or senior courses if transferring.
- Preparatory courses admission is open till the 1st of December and even till March.
Universities you may join after completing preparatory course:
- Kharkiv National Medical University
- Crimea State Medical University
- V. N. Karazina Kharkiv National University
- Dnepropetrovsk State Medical Academy
- Vinnitsa National Medical University
- Donetsk National Medical University
- Zaporozhe State Medical University
- Odessa National Medical University
- Lugansk State Medical University
- Kharkiv National University of Radio-Electronics
- Kharkiv National Aerospace University
- Kharkiv National Technical University “Kharkiv Polytechnic Institute”
- Kharkiv National Automobile and Highway University
- Sumy State University
- Kharkiv National University of Construction and Architecture
- Odessa National Marine University
- Kharkiv National University of Economics
- Kharkiv State University of Food Technology and Trade
- Odessa State Economic University