MBBS in Bangladesh is a relatively good option mainly because of quality of MBBS in Bangladesh and MBBS in Bangladesh fee structure. Medical study in Bangladesh is popular among Indians, Nepalis, Srilankans, Malaysians Australians, Pakistanis, Philippino, Palestinian, Maldivian and Bhutanese students. MBBS in Bangladesh is said to be ranked 2nd after MBBS in India. For Indian students, to study in Bangladesh has the added advantage of cultural similarity, including food. To study in Bangladesh for International students is going to be an increasingly famous option in near future. You are welcome to take a closer look at status of MBBS in Bangladesh 2018.
ADVANTAGES OF STUDYING MBBS IN BANGLADESH
In a nutshell, we give you the salient points that make MBBS Course in Bangladesh attractive. However, a little Research from the student’s side is very desirable.
- The most important attraction to study MBBS in Bangladesh is the reasonable Bangladesh Medical College Tuition Fees. While there is a Reservation of 75 students in Government Medical Universities for MBBS in Bangladesh for International Students. Also, in Private Medical Colleges of Bangladesh, 25% of seats are reserved for non-native students, hence more opportunities for Indian students.
- There is a concept that if you are a SAARC student, you don’t have to pay any Tuition Fee for Medical Study in Bangladesh, hence only your living cost.
- Those who are not under the purview of SAARC have to pay USD 3,000 pa as Bangladesh Medical College Tuition Fees (Hostel Fee included). Now, this is just a ballpark amount, details follow.
- The Medium of Instruction in Medical Study i.e. MBBS in Bangladesh is English, hence there is no need for any Language Training.
- All the Government Medical Colleges in Bangladesh recognized by MCI are approved by WHO.
- There is Direct Admission to MBBS Course in Bangladesh without any Donation or Capitation.
DISADVANTAGES OF STUDYING MBBS IN BANGLADESH
And now for the flipside! The Medical Study in Bangladesh is also associated with cautions and pitfalls that many other study destinations present.
- The concept of No Tuition Fees under SAARC nomination requires one to have scored 95% in 12th.
- The Recognition of University is also a major issue. Apart from MCI recognition, you need to be careful that it has the approval of the Ministry of Health and Family Welfare, Dhaka and The Medical and Dental Council of Bangladesh, Dhaka.
- While you consider Bangladesh Medical College Admission, remember that the Bangladeshi Bengali is spoken and you need to be a little adept at it.
- Indian students will need to get ‘No objection’ Certificate from MCI, which is more or less true for any country.
- The Private Medical Colleges of Bangladesh do not give admission to students who have more than 2 years gap after 12th.
- A major issue could be that during your Internship you may not be allowed to touch the patients, so make sure it is not ‘Observership’.
MCI APPROVED MEDICAL COLLEGES FOR MBBS IN BANGLADESH
We are providing a List of Major Government and Private Medical Colleges of Bangladesh for your perusal. List of top Private Medical Colleges in Bangladesh (Alphabetically)