National Museum of Medicine of Ukraine was established in Kiev in 1973. It is located in a former anatomical theater at the University of Kiev, which was designed by renowned architect A. Beretti in 1853. It is an architectural monument of the XIX century. The museum was founded Honoured Scientist of Ukraine, Doctor of Medical Sciences, Professor AA Grando. At the moment the museum is headed by Associate Professor of therapy of the National Medical University, W. Shipulin.
The museum shows the development of medicine in Ukraine from ancient times to present day. Museum of Medicine of Ukraine is one of the biggest and original medical museums not only in Ukraine but also in Europe. Work on the development of this museum was in 1983 awarded the State Prize of Ukraine. Presidential Decree of 15 February 1999 the museum was given the status of the National Museum of Medicine of Ukraine. Among the exhibits draw the attention of historical relics, ancient medical instruments, medicinal plants, which have been used in folk medicine. Of particular interest is a full-scale interior ancient baths of Kievan Rus, which was used not only for hygienic purposes but also for treatment.
Also among the exhibits you can see the first medical textbook written in Russian by Ukrainian scientists, the layout of Kiev-Mohyla Academy and the panorama of medical care in the Cossack army. The attention of many tourists are attracted to full-scale interiors: the pharmacy end of the XVIII century, Interior Zemsky – a doctor in the house of Ukrainian peasants and many other interesting historical artifacts.
Source by Andrew Fedorov