Nepal is one of the good options for pursuing MBBS. Nepal and India share a healthy relation, and it is also near to India. And the best part is the most of the faculty of Nepal medical colleges are from India. Students can take admission in top medical colleges of Nepal without paying any donation. It is also easy to study MBBS in Nepal as the cultures are nearly the same. It requires less documentation; no study visa is needed for Indian students; there will be no language issue as major spoken languages are English and Hindi. It will also provide quality education, and the culture is similar to India.
Geographical situation of Nepal
Nepal is the neighboring country of India and China. Nepal has got a pleasant environment as it is mountainous. In summer maximum temperature will be 25 degrees Celsius to 30 degrees Celsius. And in winter the temperature falls by 5 degrees Celsius to 0 degree Celsius. Major people of Nepal follow Hinduism, and they are a strong believer of Lord Siva. So it is easier for an Indian student to study MBBS in Nepal.
Look for the benefits of doing MBBS in Nepal
- Nepal has the same culture as of India. Language and cuisine are also nearly similar.
- The MBBS colleges have highly qualified Indian lecturers.
- It provides affordable MBBS course as compare to other countries. And some MBBS colleges also provide installment facilities.
- Cost of living is also less so a middle-class family can also easily afford the facilities to study MBBS in Nepal.
- And above all the climate of Nepal is good.
- MBBS colleges of Nepal are recognized by MCI, FAIMER, and World Health Organization.
- Students are not required to give any type of entrance test for admission.
Indian Students need the following eligibility criteria to study
- The student must be above 17 years of age.
- The student must have a minimum qualification of 10+2 with English, Physics, Chemistry, and Biology as main subjects. And students must secure minimum 50% marks in each subject.
- Students who are looking to study in MBBS in Nepal must submit eligibility certificate issued by the MCI (Medical Council of India).
- And the student also must have a valid Indian Passport. Visa is not required.
Students need to produce the following documents for MBBS in Nepal
- Students must take their birth certificate.
- Along with 10th and 12th mark sheet, migration certificate and transfer certificate is also required to study MBBS in Nepal.
- Nationality certificate is also required.
- NEET scorecard is also required.
Course duration and structure of MBBS in Nepal
The total duration of MBBS course in Nepal is of 6 years. Five years course and 1-year internship. And the colleges also provide 1.5 years of professional practice in any affiliated hospitals.
Facilities provided to students in Nepal
- Medical universities of Nepal provide hostel facilities with food, internet, and all other required facilities.
- The universities also provide library facilities. The library has got a huge volume of books, and it is open for medical students 24×7 with facilities like Wi-Fi, computers rooms, etc.
- It is compulsory for outsider students to stay in a university hostel who wish to study MBBS in Nepal. So the university will provide transportation facilities for drop and pick up from college to hostel.
- For the betterment of medical students, Medical universities of Nepal also organize health camps, medical seminars, conference and encourage students to participate which will help in their medical studies.
Challenges faced by students in Nepal
- Some faculties are poor in English speaking capability. Improper pronunciation may cause a problem for the student who wants to study MBBS in Nepal.
- International students are not allowed to touch the patients while they are in an internship. At the time of internship, students will only work as an observer.
- The surgery training provided to students is done on dummies rather than on original dead bodies. So students get difficulties to get real experience.
- Students also need to learn the local language as additional subjects.
- Best MBBS universities are located in Kathmandu which is the capital city of Nepal. Kathmandu has a high living cost as compared to other cities of Nepal.
If you have a dream to study MBBS in abroad, then Nepal may be a good option for you, if you don’t have a big budget. To study MBBS in Nepal, you don’t need any extra effort as other countries. You will find similar culture and good communication system to Nepal. You can also avail the NEFT bank transfer to Nepal. So, studying MBBS in Nepal have many advantages than in other countries.